Monday, September 8, 2014

A Two-headed Serpent??

Dear Family,

So I am definitely not training. They already had their meeting. I know it sounds bad, but I am pretty grateful I won´t end training. I had such a great blessing the first time that it would be really hard to have a bad experience to end my mission on. But I guess I would learn a lot from it. Anyway, I am happy. 

We think that I will change areas and I feel peace with whatever happens. Even if I didn´t feel peace, what is my option? But I sure do love my companion. The area tries my faith, but I am grateful for that. 

We didn´t have any investigators at Church yesterday. That was a bit rough. But we worked super hard this week. One of the zone leaders called us last night and started off by saying, "Sisters, I called to comfort you because you haven´t had investigators at church for 2 weeks."

That sure comforted us. Really, it has been a  bit frustrating, but we are fighting to stay positive. The elders are always super surprised when they call us to ask why we didn´t have investigators and we answer super chipper. Honestly, I don´t feel chipper, but it ususally helps the elders to not get after us as much if we sound super positive. The elder last night asked me how I was always so happy. Fake it til you make it, pal. That is my motto. 

But we had a really good week. We got tired of all of our investigators that lie to us, so basically we dropped a ton. But we were able  to find 20 NEW INVESTIGATORS. That was a blessing. At least the zls were happy with that. They said in their time in our zone nobody had found 20 before in one week.

Wednesday we found the cutest old blind man. He clapped his hands while we sang him a hymn. He is just darling. 

We also served the branch president's wife. We passed by one night at 7:30 and they had a TON of huge rocks in the street that they had to move into their house. We had a half hour left, so we helped them. It was super funny. They are used to women not lifting heavy objects and a litle old lady spent the whole time lecturing me for being strong and able to lift the rocks. They weren´t that big...

But I just pretended I didn´t understand her Spanish and kept on working. Many hands make light work. We finished quite quickly. But it was funny to go back to the house and see that we were COVERED in dirt and scrapes. Filthy. But they are our neighbors, so nobody saw us. 

Friday my companion made me empanadas from Paraguay. Get ready for those when I get home. I am now a pro and they are super good! 

Saturday one of the girls in our house tried to convince me that everyone has a huge serpent that lives inside of them with 2 heads. And everything we do is for the serpent. haha. If we get fat, it is because the serpent got fat. If we get skinny it is because the serpent got skinny. She is gullible. A man told them this and she believes him. Now she is super scared.  

We also found a lady who said she has the authority to baptize, present children and marry people. She got it after 8 years studying in San Pedro. She didn´t let us say a single word. And she told us that she wasn´t going to preach to us because she didn´t want to take away our ignorance because even though we were teaching a false doctrine, we still helped people. That was nice. 

I have learned to be super direct in the mission. This week I have felt like Abinadi because everyone is so stinkin wicked. So wicked. The worst is that they know it and they are fine with it. This week we were talking to a couple that know they are sinning when they aren´t married but still didn´t want to marry. By the way they have been together for 50 years and they don´t look like they have many left. Anyway, I don´t know what happened, but before I knew what I was even saying I told them that we weren´t just ordinary missionaries asking them to do something, but it was as if Christ himself was there inviting them to repent. The spirit was strong and they looked pretty shocked, but decided to continue sinning. It was our first lesson with them... But missionaries have visited them for a long time. 

Well, I hope Kat has the best birthday ever and that she eats cheesecake for me. OR something pumpkin. 
Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment