Monday, February 17, 2014

You Only Serve Once!!

Well family, it has been a pretty good week.
Last monday we had the best experience ever. Here, let me tell you about it. First we practiced allllll day long on our p-day to challenge a family to be baptized. WE were SOOOOO prepared. But, as always, God knows best. Only 2 of the kids showed up to the lesson. We were a little distressed in the beginning. But then we started chatting with them and the STRONGEST feeling came over us that we need to baptize Roger the 17 year old first and then the rest of the family will follow. It has happened so many times in this ward. It was so strong! Therefore, we have a baptism this Saturday!   I am so happy! God answers prayers! It will be the first baptism in this area for 5 months! They were getting ready to close it. But I think they won´t now. The assistants have told us about the change they have seen in our area. The spirit was so powerful when we challenged him to be baptized. I started crying when I was doing it. He did to. And everyone else that was there. It was soooo powerful. And he has invited so many people to the baptism.
For Valentine's day we tried to make as many people happy as we could! It was wonderful! I love serving! WE made  tons of valentines and put them on people's doors. We almost had intercambios, but I was soooo glad that we didn´t so that I could spend it with my sweet companion.
We found a chicken in a house. They always have it outside, but this time they let it in and we all took a picture with it. I played outside with the dog and the chicken briefly. Basically I just ran back and forth and they both chased me. The family got quite the kick out of it. They could just see me run past a window and the chicken and dog would also run past. They thought it was pretty hilarious.
We did service for a less active famliy. We had to convince them to let us come. It was super fun. We washed their dog. It is more like a rat. But it was great. And then we convinced them to let us do other projects. I love this famiy. Too bad they don´t go to Church. 
We found a new family! Too bad they are CRAZY!!! The wife is the most eccentric person I have ever met. She tried giving us coffee and tea. And she gave us a tour of her house and spent the whole time professing love for her husband. They have been together for 38 years, so I guess that is kind of cute. Mostly uncomfortable...
We are teaching a kid named Jose Castillo. He is the black kid who showed up with the shirt that says Sea Feliz. Sea Mormon.  It was hilarious. He is quiting smoking and all kinds of other things, but he wants to be baptized March 19. He goes to seminary every day. The ward is adopting him. I love it. He really needs some parents.
So there is the phrase YOLO in english. You only live once. People use it as an excuse to do whatever they want. We changed it to YOSO. You only serve once. Therefore we might as well talk to every single person and just go crazy with missionary work because this is the only time we will serve like this. We have taught it to a few other missionaries.
Well, I love you all and I have no more time. Mom and dad, forgive me if my messages to you are short. 

Love,
Michelle


Here is a four generation family at the temple!! They wanted us to be in the picture with them. 
Our theme--You Only Serve Once!! 

Here is a picture of the chicken that was someone's pet.
 This is one of our investigators. One of the member's gave him this shirt. Hilarious!
 In a traditional skirt from Guatemala! (borrowed from one of the other sister missionaries)
Doing service. Here we are washing a rat, I mean a dog. 
All clean and fluffy!
 Watering plants (you have to be creative in your service sometimes)
 And putting up the alphabet . . .

We also surprised the sister we live with, with some hearts. 
We also surprised some investigators. 


Then we went home and changed our clothes. So of course he we had to take more pictures.
 Makes, sense, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment