Monday, February 10, 2014

I Am Staying!!

I  AM STAYING HERE IN ROBLE OESTE!! WITH HNA. CLARK! My trainer, the other Hna. Clarke came to the house and is with Hna. Ixcoy.  I think she will end her mission here because she has 2 transfers left. And I will be in the house for at least 2 transfers, creo yo. It should be good.
I read the beginning of your email mom. I really liked that exercise you gave me. I'll let you know how it goes. Sorry I didn't write about too many spiritual experiences last week. We don't teach very often. It kills me. But we're still living off of a spiritual high, so I guess I can share that better.
THIS WEEK WAS  WONDERFUL. Granted, we didn't have a lot of lessons because people like to work and go to school instead of listen to the missionaries, yet it was wonderful. And we had 10 investigators at Church. That isn't even a typo. 10. We are on cloud 9. It has been so interesting to see how working with the members excelerates the work. But seriously. They are starting to trust us so much. I think part of it is due to our power walk. They always tell us they see us flying when we are walking. I guess that is what happens when you put 2 tall girls together! The Zone Leaders called us last night to thank us for the example we are to the zone. That was definitely a first.
Although we had to do a lot of persuasion to get people to get there. We are working with a family called the Fam. M. I have mentioned them a few times. They are the family of 6 with 5 over the age of 8. I  love them so much. The dad has had a hard time getting to Church and our zone leaders are pressuring us like crazy to just baptize the kids, but we want to try the whole family first. Anyway, to make a super long story short, we ended up making breakfast for this family before Church. I woke up early and made pancakes and we brought PB and bananas and syrup so they could eat it American style. Halla! Anyway, we were finishing up breakfast when the dad disappeared. We were slightly concerned, but the 9 year old told us that he already headed up to the Church. We got there like 10 minutes later and he was sitting in the FIRST ROW just chatting away with the senior missionaries. I LOVE THIS WORK!  It is seriously so rewarding. And the night before he told us that he was only going to go for the first hour...but we convinced him to stay. I am so grateful for the members and fellowship.
Note to members; TALK TO EVERYONE. PLEASE.
This week members gave us crab soup. And I went outside to tell them thank you and the next thing I knew I was breaking open clams. It was crazy. And bloody. Here they eat clams in their own blood. But don't worry, they kill it with a lot of lime. But therre is no cooking involved. Yum.
We had an open house this last saturday. We could have put it together a little better. But we should have a few new investigators this week because of it. The members here are great! I have come to love this area so much!
We had kind of a depressing lesson last night. There is this guy who is dating a member and they want to get married, but she is putting a lot of pressure on him to get baptized. So he is listening to us, but he is just doing it for her. Last night he looked at us and said, so when can I get baptized? We were a little shocked. then we asked why and he said for personal reasons.... his girlfriend. Anyway, it was kind of depressing, but we are DETERMINED to have him truly converted before he makes that step. I will not be judged for that one. It is going to take some time, but something that I have loved from PMG is to really confide in the power of conversion. The Spirit is powerful and we have the TRUTH. If people fulfil their commitments, they are going to be converted. Poor guy. He wants to be baptized and we basically said no. But I feel better that way.
We made no bake cookies and gave them to some members and investigators. We are focusing on showing our love for them. In ways other than teaching them. Basically means we cook for them. But we are getting a ton of references from the members and the investigators are fulfilling their compromisos. I LOVE THIS WORK!
There are so many people who need this gospel! It is great. We have 2 investigators that are going to SEMINARY! IN THE MORNING!! The youth here are so powerful!
Challenge; not dancing. That is the hardest part of the mission. I just get so excited and want to dance... but we can't
Well, I love you all. Time ran out. Again. I hate how it goes by so fast. But Honduras is the best and I am so happy!

Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment