Monday, January 20, 2014

Homemade Haircuts Are Never A Good Idea


Dear Family,

Well it has been a smashing week. It has been great, actually. The work is finally progressing!
First, I need to mention a few things! 
I got the Christmas card from the Cannons and it was the cutest thing ever! I showed it to my whole zone telling them a ton about every child. I am not sure if they appreciated it correctly, but it was great!
I also saw Elder Curtis Johnson and Elder Abbott at the temple. I was just walking down the temple hill and they came strolling down. It was a miracle that we collided, but  it was so great! It was so nice to see a familiar face! It was crazy! Elder Abbott took a picture and he promised he would send it to his mom. I didn't put on makeup, so don't judge too hard.
WE HAD 4 PEOPLE at Church! What?!? And we didn't even have to bribe them! 3 of them are siblings and I think they will be baptized soon. Their names are Aaron (9) Roger (17) and Fabiola (19). We are hoping to start teaching their parents this week. There is a family  that is friendshipping them like crazy! Roger has been to over 4 activities this week. And he is going to youth  conference. I am so grateful for members that fellowship! That is the great thing about this ward. The other girl that came is named Alisa and she is my age. Coincidence?  I think not. We contacted her on Saturday night and she came to Church Sunday  morning. She is going to be baptized. And hopefully with all of her family.
We served a family in our ward this week. They have a MASSIVE house! We cleaned out their office. He just let us loose and told us good luck. He owns all of the security systems in Honduras. It was super fun. I found a bullet proof vest and wore it.
Rememer the family I talked about last week?  The Familia Flores?  They had been visited by a ton of assistants and by the bishop  and my mission president. We had taught them a lesson with  their neighbors and it went really well. Then I called back to remind them that we were coming in the night time and the wife YELLED at me for 3 minutes straight. She basically said that she was tired of missionaries visiting her and she didn't want to be baptized right now and it didn't matter who came, she wasn't going to change her mind. She also mocked me because I was only  20, whereas she is 46 and therefore a lot wiser. And just went on and on... But I still remained calm. I calmly informed her that she was  right. It didn't matter who came to her house or what they said. As long as she was unwilling to do her part to pray or read she would never have the desire to be baptized. She said she would call me back when she got an answer.
It is rough when people don't want to do their part. They want an answer and we lay out the path to receive it and then because they are lazy they don't do it. Satan makes me so mad sometimes.
My MTC companion spent the night at our house. She had cut my current companions hair and had done a pretty good job. So I asked her to cut mine. She did it in 5 min. And the inch I wanted cut off somehow turned into 5. It looked like she had hacked it off with a machete. My current companion  then went to work trying to even it out and it got even  shorter. That was good. Luckily I have about a year before I will be home. I hope I look better by then. I am kind of just rocking the pony tail.
Well, I love you all! I hope you have a great week! Pray for me!
Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment